Well, once again our blog vanished into the abyss of forgotten things-to-do, and now it has surfaced, hopefully to be reborn with more frequent content. There’s so much going on in Vancouver that it can be hard to keep up.
As always, with a return to blogging after a long delay, it makes sense to update everyone about what we’re doing. And what we’re doing is a lot!
1) Actually, I should first say that one thing we’re not doing enough of is teaching wedding dance lessons. This is a slower season, of course, but in general the frequency of our first dance lessons has decreased, and we’re not sure why. We’d love to get more students in – it’s one of the more rewarding things that we teach! For more information, visit our wedding first dance lesson page.
2) We’re starting a new blues dance class on Monday, November 14 at my live/work studio! Contact us for more info!
3) I just started a new poi class at Sideshow Studios this past Tues. There were sixteen paying students in the first class! I can’t wait to teach the next class, and I always welcome new students. There’s more info on Facebook. Find us and let us know if you want more info!
4) On November 24 I will be performing with two other musicians at Telus World of Science for private guests during a relaunch party. Our focus is on instruments made of natural materials – mostly wood – including didgeridoo, shakuhachi, fujara, native flute, and more.
5) I’m also hard at work planning the three ways I will be involved with the Winter Solstice Lantern Festival this year. Once again, I’m coordinating the fire show at the Roundhouse Community Centre. For the second year in a row I am also coordinating a group of didgeridoo players to play in the labyrinth at Britannia. And for the first time, this year I am also organizing musicians to play ambient music in the Performance Centre at the Roundhouse. It’s going to be a busy Dec 21st evening!
That’s a good start for now. Please let us know if you have questions about any of the things we’re doing. And if you know anyone who is getting married, send them our way! We’ll make sure their first dance is lovely and memorable!